General Partnership (VOF) Registration
Overview: VOF (Vennootschap Onder Firma) is a general arrangement of two or more partners under which they agree to conduct business by fully sharing profit and liabilities (full liability for all partners) upon contributing cash, goods, labor or other assets to the capital. Unlike with limited partnership, in general partnership all the partners are fully and personally liable.
Purpose: Registration of VOF
- full liability for all partners
- no minimum capital
- various types of capital contributions from each partner (e.g. cash contribution, goods, labor)
Registering authority: the Dutch Trade Register
Term of registration: 2-3 working days
Personal presence: Optional
Conditions for registration:
- Managing partner – Minimum 1 (maximum – unlimited) natural/legal person of any nationality/jurisdiction
- Partner – Minimum 1 (maximum – unlimited) natural/legal person of any nationality/jurisdiction
- Registered office address in the Netherlands.
- Passport or European ID card (for all associated persons)
- Proof of residential address not older than 3 months (for all associated natural persons)
- Extract from the Trade Register not older than 3 months (for all associated legal persons)
- Document, authorizing to use of the registered office address (Copy of the Rental Agreement, Authorization Letter from the Owner, Certificate on Property)
- General Partnership Agreement.