Overview: Apostille – official certificate which is attached to an original Dutch official document and as such confirms the authenticity and legitimacy of this original document. Apostille confirms that the document has a full legal effect and may be used in that foreign country.
- The Dutch District Court
Personal presence: Not required
- Country of issuance (the Netherlands)
- Full name and authority of a person, whose signature is being authenticated
- Place of Apostille
- Date of Apostille
- Full name and position of the person issuing an Apostille
- Signature of the person issuing an Apostille
- Stamp of the issuing authority
The Apostille is required when you need to use a Dutch official document outside the Netherlands, in a foreign country, which is a party to the Apostille Convention 1961.